Thursday, October 23, 2008

Outside Reading - 4th Post

I read an article from an online photographers magazine. It was called "8 Essential Tips For Autumn Color." In it i found many ideas that I will try to use this fall. One of my favorite tips was there suggestion to keep the composition simple. I wasn't sure i agreed with them, but once I read their whole idea I found that they made a really good point. They talked about how autumn scenes can be a "visual overload" and they suggested that a person stick to only a couple of key elements in their photos. One idea that I did not fully agree with was their suggestion for colored filters. I think that when taking pictures outside it is important to try and show the true colors of nature. I think that boosting the color is not the point of photos of nature, and although they can be great for other photos, they should not be used in autumn photography. Overall this article had some great ideas for taking pictures of the beautiful fall colors and nature pictures in general. I think that people interested in photography should really check this one out! I found it at:  http://www.naturephotographers.net/articles1008/jr1008-1.html

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I agree that you shouldn't use color filters in fall pictures. Fall is on of the only times of the year when the trees are multy colored naturally, so why use a color filter? I do understand why they are concerned about having too much in a picture. With so many color, it is easy to overload.